How do you turn simple sliced vegetables into a melt-in-your mouth grilled sensation? It's easier than you think. Red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oil and herbs are the answer, plus that deliciously charred flavor that comes with a stint on the grill.
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp dry thyme
- ½ tsp dry tarragon
- ½ tsp dry marjoram
- ½ tsp dry oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, cored and cut into 6 wedges
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded, cored and cut into 6 wedges
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded, cored and cut into 6 wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1" strips and halved
- 2 medium Portobello mushroom caps, cleaned and sliced into 1-inch strips
- Vegetable cooking spray
- In a small bowl, mix together vinegar, lemon juice, oil, herbs, black pepper and salt.
- In a large dish, toss vegetables with herb mixture.
- Preheat grill to medium 325-350F heat.
- Spray grill rack with vegetable cooking oil.
- Place vegetables on prepared rack and cook by direct heat meathod.
- Grill for 10 minutes per side.
- Vegetables should be cooked through and tender-crisp.
- Serve warm or let stand up to 2 hours and serve at room temperature.
- Calories 44kcal 2%
- Fat 3.1g 5%
- Saturated fat 0.4g 2%
- Carbs 3.8g 1%
- Sodium 150mg 6%
- 1.7g sugar
- 1.1g fiber
- 0.9g protein
- 0mg cholesterol