After a quick whirl through the food processor, agave-sweetened figs take on a jam-like consistency. Spread the purée over goat cheese crostini and top with Turkey breast and peppery arugula for a very satisfying appetizer.
- 8 oz multigrain baguette
- 8 oz Nature's Promise Black Mission figs
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 ½ cups water
- 5 oz Nature's Promise hickory smoked turkey breast
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 4 oz goat cheese (chevre)
- 1 oz Nature's Promise arugula leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut bread into 24 rounds. 3/4 inch thick. Transfer to a baking sheet. Toast in the oven until light gold, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer sheet to a wire rack and let the crostini cool completely.
- Remove stems from figs and then cut into 1/4 inch pieces. Combine figs with agave nectar and 1 1/2 cups water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer, covered, until most of liquid has evaporated and figs are easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and process until almost smooth (add a tablespoon or two of water, if needed, to thin to desired consistency). Remove from the processor and cool before using. Slice turkey breast slices and the arugula leaves into very thin strips, approximately 1"x 1/4" thick.
- To assemble:
Spread each round with the goat cheese and top with 2 teaspoons of the fit puree. Sprinkle with turkey slices, drizzle glaze and finally top with the sliced arugula leaves.
- Calories 59kcal 3%
- Fat 1.8g 3%
- Saturated fat 1.1g 5%
- Sugars 2.7g 3%
- Sodium 109mg 0 %
- 6.2g carbohydrate
- 0.7g fiber
- 3.5g protein
- 6mg cholesterol