When it comes to a classic sugar cookie, the possibilities are endless.
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ⅔ cups flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Sift together flour and baking powder and add to creamed mixture. Roll dough into a log on plastic wrap. Wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Slice roll into 1/4–1/2 inch discs and place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 7–10 minutes, remove from oven and cool completely before removing from cookie sheets.
- Add ½ tsp lemon zest to dough, drizzle baked cookies with white chocolate.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, then press a thumbprint in the middle and fill with raspberry jam.
- Add ½ tsp cardamom, shape dough into 1-inch balls, roll in crushed pistachios and flatten slightly.
- Dip baked cookies in dark chocolate and crushed peppermint.
- Add cocoa powder to half the dough, layer with white dough and roll, then slice into pinwheels.
- S7 2016
- Calories 73kcal 4%
- Fat 3.4g 5%
- Saturated fat 2.0g 10%
- Carbs 9.8g 3%
- Sodium 13mg <1%
- 4.5g sugar
- 0.2g fiber
- 1.0g protein
- 17mg cholesterol