These ham pockets are reminiscent of a calzone, and need only a simple marinara or pizza sauce for dipping. Because they can be frozen fully cooked and reheated in the microwave, they are an excellent make-ahead dish for impromptu dinners or to have for the kids.
- ½ tsp canola oil
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 lb frozen whole-wheat pizza dough, defrosted
- 1 cup diced cooked lean ham
- Ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with oil or cooking spray.
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté onions until soft.
- Divide pizza dough in half and roll out each piece into a 10-inch square. Cut in half lengthwise and widthwise to form eight 5-inch squares.
- Divide ham mixture evenly among the eight squares, and season with pepper to taste. Top with cooked onion, cheese and spinach. Fold the four corners up over the filling and pinch edges together to seal.
- Place each pocket on baking sheet. Bake for 20minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers and reheat in microwave.
- Suggestion: Serve with marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.
- Calories 193kcal 10%
- Fat 4.4g 6%
- Saturated fat 1.3g 7%
- Sugars 2.3g 3%
- Sodium 732mg 0 %
- 25.2g carbohydrate
- 1.1g fiber
- 12.9g protein
- 23mg cholesterol