Much beloved by kids and adults alike, alphabet pasta floats in this nutritious vegetable soup. The stock is thickened with the addition of canned tomato and tomato purée, as well as carrots, zucchini and potato. Add spinach in the last few minutes of cooking to keep the leaves intact.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 ½ cups cubed Yukon Gold or waxy potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup green beans, fresh, frozen or canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 29 oz. can tomato puree
- 32 oz Nature's Promise vegetable broth
- 1 cup cubed zucchini
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup uncooked alphabet pasta
- ½ cup corn, frozen or canned, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups baby spinach, trimmed
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pot and sauté the onion, celery and potatoes for 4 minutes.
Add the carrots and green beans and stir, allowing to cook for an additional 5 minutes. Mix in the tomatoes, tomato puree, vegetable broth, zucchini and bay leaf, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 20 minutes.
- Bring the heat back to a boil, add the pasta and cook for 5 minutes. Add the corn and spinach and cook for an additional 5–6 minutes or until pasta is tender and spinach is wilted.
This recipe is