This ingenious recipe turns misshapen sugar cookies into something fun kids will love decorating. Marshmallows and white cake frosting make “snow,” while your choice of colored icing fills out the rest. Get creative and experiment a little.
- 1 box ( 15.5 oz ) Krusteaz Sugar Cookie Mix
- ½ cup ( 1 stick ) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 can ( 16 oz ) Pillsbury frosting white
- Decorating Icing Tubes (black, red, green, etc)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together cookie mix, butter, and egg; stir until dough forms (hand knead if necessary).
Shape dough into 12 balls. Squish ball down to ½ inch thick. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Once the cookies are cool, spread the top with White Frosting using the back of a spoon, let some dribble over the edge to resemble melting snow.
- Spray a microwave safe plate with cooking spray, and place marshmallows on the plate. Set the microwave for 30 seconds, but watch the marshmallows as they cook. Stop the microwave as soon as the marshmallows start to get puffy, do not let them double in size.
- Spray your fingers with cooking spray or grease them up with shortening, and carefully pull the marshmallows off, by the base, and set them on top of the frosted cookies for snowmen heads.
- Then just decorate as you'd like with frosting.
- Calories 381kcal 19%
- Fat 13.0g 20%
- Saturated fat 7.4g 37%
- Carbs 65.9g 22%
- Sodium 182mg 8%
- 50.3g sugar
- 0.1g fiber
- 2.0g protein
- 34mg cholesterol