This is a recipe for weeknight decadence. Whip up a romantic, chocolatey cake in short order with just a few ingredients. It has a texture that's like pure chocolate. Can't get enough? Try a premium chocolate and add lightness with fresh berries and whipped cream.
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, finely chopped
- 1 large egg white
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup fructose or table sugar (sucrose)
- ¾ cup low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 cup egg whites or liquid egg substitute
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with vegetable oil spray. Place chopped chocolate chips in a large bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, beat 1 egg white with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat cocoa, fructose and milk until simmering, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips. Whisk in 1 cup egg whites, then fold in beaten egg white.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and set in another pan at least 2 inches wider and deeper. Add enough water to bottom pan to come two-thirds up the side of the cake pan (this is so edges won't burn.) Bake 30 minutes. Chill in refrigerator 8 hours before serving.
This recipe is
- Calories 152kcal 8%
- Fat 4.7g 7%
- Saturated fat 2.5g 13%
- Carbs 26.5g 9%
- Sodium 70mg 3%
- 21.8g sugar
- 2.8g fiber
- 6.0g protein
- 3mg cholesterol