Made with low-fat ingredients, this is a great appetizer to serve during game season for anyone watching their weight. Potato skins are topped with reduced-fat Monterey jack and turkey bacon, and then served hot. To save time, you'll be glad to know that the potatoes can be microwaved in advance and skinned just before preparation.
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack blend
- 4 slices cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- Scrub potatoes; prick with a fork. Place in a 2-quart square microwave-safe baking dish. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 6–9 minutes or until tender, turning once. Let cool completely.
- Coat broiler pan rack with nonstick cooking spray. Cut potatoes lengthwise in half. Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving a shell 1/4-inch thick. (Save pulp for another use). Place shells, skin side up, on broiler pan rack; brush with butter.
- Preheat broiler to high. Broil shells 5 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove pan from broiler; carefully turn shells. Sprinkle with cheese and crumbled turkey bacon. Broil 30 seconds to 1 minute more or until cheese melts.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top each shell with sour cream and sprinkle with green onions. Serve warm.
- Calories 204kcal 10%
- Fat 6.7g 10%
- Saturated fat 3.9g 20%
- Carbs 27.6g 9%
- Sodium 173mg 7%
- 1.0g sugar
- 2.0g fiber
- 8.2g protein
- 17mg cholesterol