Make this Boston potato soup with bacon, sour cream and cheddar for a satisfying and simple fall lunch or dinner. Creamy and rich, this soup is filling, and needs only some crusty bread to complete the meal.
- 4 oz cooked and chopped Nature's Promise bacon
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 3 lb Russet potatoes baked
- 2 cups low sodium Nature's Promise chicken broth
- 2 cups 2% fat milk
- 1 cup non-alcoholic beer (regular beer is always an option)
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup low fat sour cream
- Cook bacon in a large crockpot until crispy; chop and set aside. Wipe out the fat from the pan.
- Add the canola oil and the chopped onion and cook until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper if desired and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the baked potato, broth and milk; stir gently until combined. Cook over medium heat until all ingredients are heated through. Prior to serving, add the cheddar cheese and sour cream; stir gently until combined.
- Serve with additional cheddar cheese, sour cream, reserved bacon, and chives if desired.
- Calories 187kcal 9%
- Fat 6.6g 10%
- Saturated fat 2.4g 12%
- Carbs 21.8g 7%
- Sodium 372mg 16%
- 4.9g sugar
- 1.3g fiber
- 10.7g protein
- 17mg cholesterol