Make this soup as festive as you wish by topping it with avocado, onions or cheese. The tortilla chips add crunch while the chicken adds bite. This Mexican-inspired soup loaded with cilantro, lime and salsa will comfort everyone in the family.
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped rotisserie chicken breast
- ¾ cup black bean and corn salsa
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cup crumbled baked tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, chicken, salsa, tomato, cilantro and lime juice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Ladle soup into 4 serving bowls. Top with tortilla chips and desired toppings. Serve immediately.
Optional Toppings: Chopped green onions, avocado cubes, shredded reduced-fat taco seasoned cheese
- Calories 164kcal 8%
- Fat 4.8g 7%
- Saturated fat 1.0g 5%
- Carbs 14.3g 5%
- Sodium 506mg 21%
- 2.8g sugar
- 1.6g fiber
- 18.4g protein
- 34mg cholesterol