This slow-cooked seafood chowder is as creamy and flavorful as anything you’ll get at your favorite restaurant—and it’s so easy to prepare you can make it any day of the week. Serve with crusty bread for a comforting and heartwarming meal at home.
- 2 tbsp light buttery spread
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 cups Nature's Promise low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 pkg ( 16 oz.) frozen bell peppers and onion stir-fry blend
- 1 tbsp seafood seasoning
- 2 cans ( 14.7 oz. each) no salt added cream-style corn
- 1 container ( 8 oz.) lump crabmeat
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour; cook and stir 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Slowly add broth, stirring constantly until smooth. Stir in half-and-half; bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Place stir-fry vegetables, seafood seasoning, corn and crabmeat in slow cooker. Add broth mixture; stir to combine. Cover and cook on high 2–3 hours or until heated through and thickened to desired consistency. Season with pepper to taste. Ladle chowder into soup bowls, and serve.
- Calories 272kcal 14%
- Fat 8.7g 13%
- Saturated fat 3.8g 19%
- Carbs 38.7g 13%
- Sodium 284mg 12%
- 8.1g sugar
- 3.0g fiber
- 14.3g protein
- 56mg cholesterol