Loaded with black beans, corn and chicken, this soup will satisfy everyone’s craving for Mexican flavors. Top with tortilla strips to add crunch, or with avocado and cheese to make it as festive as you wish.
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 4 ( 3 oz.) chicken cutlets, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tsp no-salt-added fiesta lime seasoning
- 2 ( 14.5 oz.) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrain
- 3- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 ( 15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place tortilla strips on baking sheet. Coat lightly with cooking spray; toss to coat. Bake 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy-bottomed pot heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until browned. Transfer chicken to a plate. Set aside.
- Add onion, seasoning and remaining oil to pot; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add tomatoes, broth, black beans and corn; bring to boiling. Return chicken to pot. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is heated through (165°F). Ladle soup into individual serving bowls, top with tortilla strips, and serve.
- Calories 219kcal 11%
- Fat 4.6g 7%
- Saturated fat 0.7g 4%
- Sugars 6.8g 8%
- Sodium 696mg 0 %
- 25.9g carbohydrate
- 8.7g fiber
- 13.3g protein
- 9mg cholesterol