- ½ lb. fresh asparagus
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- ¾ cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Trim asparagus and cook in boiling water until bright green and crisp-tender.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Pound chicken breasts flat. Season with black pepper.
- Divide asparagus stalks among chicken breasts. Sprinkle with parmesan and tarragon. Roll up chicken breasts, secure with toothpicks and place in baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Melt butter over low heat. Add breadcrumbs and toast until browned. Set aside.
- Whisk buttermilk with cornstarch; whisk in egg. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, just until thickened. Remove from heat. Whisk in lemon juice and parsley.
- Spoon lemon sauce over baked chicken. Top with toasted breadcrumbs.
Suggestion: Serve with steamed carrots and whole grain pasta.
- Calories 294kcal 15%
- Fat 9.5g 15%
- Saturated fat 4.4g 22%
- Carbs 16.5g 6%
- Sodium 366mg 15%
- 4.0g sugar
- 1.4g fiber
- 35.2g protein
- 125mg cholesterol