You can make this main-course salad using a stovetop grill pan or an outdoor grill. Keep the heat moderate to avoid scorching the veggies.
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 garlic clove
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 4 slices Artisan bread
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- 4 small heads romaine lettuce
- 10 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 oz. Parmesan cheese
- 6 tbsp Caesar salad dressing
- Boil eggs for 7 min. Run under cold water and peel.
- Meanwhile, blend garlic and olive oil and set aside.
- Cut each bread slice in half and brush with 1/3 of the garlic oil. Using a well heated grill pan, grill the slices for 4 min., turning once.
- Snip the tomatoes on the vine into small clusters (don’t remove from the vine) and grill for 3 min., or until skins brown and blister.
- Cut the romaine hearts through the middle into quarters and brush with half of the remaining garlic oil. Grill for 3 min., turning once.
- Brush the chicken with remaining oil, season with salt (in moderation) and pepper and grill for 4 min., turning once to ensure the meat is cooked through.
- Arrange the bread, chicken, romaine hearts and tomatoes on 4 plates.
- Halve the eggs and place on the salad. Shave the Parmesan. Drizzle salad with the dressing and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- savory 2 2016
- Calories 701kcal 35%
- Fat 42.8g 66%
- Saturated fat 8.8g 44%
- Carbs 43.4g 14%
- Sodium 891mg 37%
- 10.5g sugar
- 13.7g fiber
- 40.4g protein
- 275mg cholesterol