Enjoy this patriotic party for your taste buds! Bring this dish to your next gathering and guests will surely appreciate this delicious spin on salad.
- ¾ cup dry quinoa
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups (1 pint) fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh basil
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat medium nonstick pan over medium heat. Add almonds and toast 4-6 minutes until golden, stirring frequently. Remove from pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk honey, vinegar and salt. Add fruit.
- Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork and add to bowl. Add almonds and basil. Stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator until serving time.
Serve as a side dish or enjoy larger portions as a vegetarian main course or filling breakfast! This recipe is easily customizable: mix and match your favorite fruits and nuts to fit your liking.
- Calories 190kcal 9%
- Fat 5.4g 8%
- Saturated fat 0.4g 2%
- Carbs 32.3g 11%
- Sodium 28mg 1%
- 13.8g sugar
- 4.5g fiber
- 5.3g protein
- 0mg cholesterol