With no cream or added sugar, this three-ingredient banana-based ice cream makes a nutritious breakfast, dessert, or snack for kids and adults alike.
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 ½ cups strawberries, hulled and sliced, or sliced ripe peaches
- 4 tbsp low-fat milk or plant-based milk
- Add banana slices and strawberries or peaches to a resealable plastic bag. Freeze at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Remove fruit from freezer and break into pieces as needed. Add to a food processor and blend about 30 sec. Scrape down sides of food processor with a rubber spatula.
- To food processor, add the milk 1 tbsp at a time until mixture is the consistency of soft-serve ice cream. Serve immediately for a soft-serve consistency or pour into a loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for a couple hours for a more solid ice cream consistency. To serve, let sit out 5 min. before scooping.
You can freeze the bananas for up to three months.
This recipe is
- Guiding Stars
- April 2022
- 3 ingredient
- August September 2015