Offer red and green salsas to drizzle over these easy and delicious tacos.
- 12 oz chicken breast fajita strips
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 lime
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 avocados, diced
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- ½ cup crumbled queso blanco
- 2 tbsp sliced jalapeno peppers (optional)
- Heat chicken strips according to package instructions. Meanwhile, combine cabbage and mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper.
- Zest and juice half the lime. Cut the other half into wedges.
- Finely chop half the cilantro leaves and mix with diced avocado, onion, and lime juice (to taste).
- Mix sour cream with lime zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Warm the tortillas and fill each with cabbage slaw, chicken strips, and avocado salsa.
- Top with queso blanco, jalapeños (if using) and the rest of the cilantro. Serve with sour cream and lime wedges.
If you can’t find queso blanco (a fresh white Mexican cheese), feta makes a good substitute.
- July August 2021
- August September 2015
- Calories 441kcal 22%
- Fat 23.4g 36%
- Saturated fat 7.3g 36%
- Carbs 35.6g 12%
- Sodium 641mg 27%
- 4.0g sugar
- 9.5g fiber
- 27.5g protein
- 12mg cholesterol