Savory pastries stuffed with spicy ground beef and boiled eggs.
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 9 oz ground beef
- 2 tsp dried Italian herb blend
- 1 cup fresh parsley, loosely packed
- 1 pkg (15 oz) ready-made pie dough or 10 slices of prepared pie dough
- Boil 2 eggs for 8 minutes until hard.
- In the meantime, chop the onion and mince the garlic. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, Italian seasoning and garlic and cook for 8 minutes until browned. Stir frequently. Put the cooked ground beef in a bowl.
- Finely chop the parsley and mix with the meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Immerse the eggs in cold water and peel them. Cut into pieces and mix with the meat. Allow 30 minutes to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375 or 400º F.
- Meanwhile, let the dough thaw for 15 minutes.
- Using a small bowl as a guide, cut the corners of the dough so that the dough slices are round.
- Put a spoonful of the ground beef mixture on each dough circle. Brush the edges with water and fold the dough over the meat mixture.
- Press the edges with a fork to seal and place on a lined baking tray.
- Beat the remaining egg and brush the empanadas with it.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with a a spicy tomato sauce or mix 8 tbsp ketchup (or tomato sauce) with 2 tbsp chopped jalapeños.
- Calories 306kcal 15%
- Fat 19.2g 30%
- Saturated fat 6.4g 32%
- Carbs 24.4g 8%
- Sodium 228mg 9%
- 0.7g sugar
- 1.7g fiber
- 9.0g protein
- 82mg cholesterol