- 4 orange bell peppers
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 8 oz drained whole kernel golden corn, no salt added
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut tops and set aside. Remove the seeds from each pepper and discard.
- Cut out eyes, nose and mouth shapes, like you could a pumpkin, then cook peppers 5 minutes in boiling water, drain peppers and set aside.
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet until meat is browned, stirring to crumble meat; drain well.
- Stir in tomato sauce, corn, chili powder and salt.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture, put tops back on and and place in a baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes at 375F.
- Remove tops and sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Calories 352kcal 18%
- Fat 17.1g 26%
- Saturated fat 7.7g 38%
- Carbs 20.9g 7%
- Sodium 489mg 20%
- 7.2g sugar
- 4.4g fiber
- 29.6g protein
- 89mg cholesterol