Love onion rings? Baked pepper rings are equally crunchy and delicious, but a little easier on the waistline. Dip them into your favorite pasta sauce, warmed in the microwave.
- 3 bell peppers
- ¼ cup flour, for coating
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- Nature's Promise cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups Nature's Promise pasta sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Slice peppers into ½-inch rings. Toss with flour to coat. Break eggs into a wide container and beat to blend. Place breadcrumbs on a large plate. Spray a baking sheet generously with Nature’s Promise cooking spray.
- Dunk pepper rings, one at a time, in beaten eggs, then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Transfer pepper rings on baking tray. Spray rings generously with Nature's Promise cooking spray and bake for 15-18 minutes, flipping once.
- While rings bake, warm pasta sauce in the microwave. Serve pepper rings with pasta sauce on the side.
- savory clean living 2016
- Calories 156kcal 8%
- Fat 3.7g 6%
- Saturated fat 0.9g 5%
- Carbs 23.6g 8%
- Sodium 76mg 3%
- 5.8g sugar
- 2.5g fiber
- 7.3g protein
- 108mg cholesterol