Satisfy your craving for something salty and sweet with this recipe for chocolate-covered popcorn. Freshly popped and salted (or not) popcorn kernels are drizzled with bittersweet chocolate, and then left to harden into a chocolaty treat. Makes 2 quarts (8 cups) chocolate-covered popcorn.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup popcorn kernels
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp margarine
- 4 oz Elite bittersweet chocolate
- Heat canola oil in a pot at medium-high heat. Add unpopped kernels and cover.
- While shaking pot often, pop kernels until you hear just the last few pop. Remove from heat and uncover. Add salt and toss; pour into large glass bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 250°F. In a double boiler, melt margarine and bittersweet chocolate on low heat and whisk continuously to blend.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn and blend to coat. Spread chocolate-coated popcorn in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish and place in oven for 15 min., stirring at 10 min.
- Cool on parchment paper.
- January February 2016