Adding slightly more expensive ingredients, like salmon and avocado, to pasta makes them go a lot further without affecting flavor.
- 8 oz Nature's Promise Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 4 tbsp Nature's Promise Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (12 oz) pkg SteamReady frozen broccoli florets
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp salt-free seasoning
- 8 oz salmon fillet
- 1 (8 oz) bag triple-washed fresh spinach
- Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and mix with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Microwave broccoli according to package directions and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, zest the lemon. Squeeze the juice from half the lemon and cut the other half into 4 wedges. Finely slice the garlic. Halve and pit the avocado, scoop out the flesh and cut into 8 slices.
- Mix 1 tbsp of the oil with the salt-free seasoning and brush over the salmon. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and cook the salmon for 8 min., turning halfway. Add the avocado slices to the pan and cook for a further 5 min. The salmon is done when you can flake it easily with a fork. Transfer salmon and avocado to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet and stir-fry the garlic for 1 min. Add the spinach in handfuls and stir-fry 4 min. Add the cooked broccoli florets and stir-fry 2 min. Season with lemon juice, pepper and salt (in moderation).
- Flake the salmon into large pieces and toss with the pasta, lemon zest and vegetables. Top with the avocado.
- savory clean living 2016
- Calories 508kcal 25%
- Fat 24.0g 37%
- Saturated fat 3.4g 17%
- Carbs 52.6g 18%
- Sodium 85mg 4%
- 3.4g sugar
- 8.3g fiber
- 23.3g protein
- 31mg cholesterol