Beans, pasta and lots of vegetables make this quick soup so good for you. For a vegetarian version, omit the bacon and replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (14 oz) can cannellini beans
- 4 cups Nature's Promise organic kale
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup shell pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Cut the bacon into small pieces. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and fry the bacon 5 min. on low heat. Stir frequently.
- While bacon fries, peel the carrots, halve lengthwise and cut into thin slices. Cut the onion in half and slice thinly and finely chop the garlic. Add the carrots, onion and garlic to the bacon and cook for 5 min. on low heat. Stir frequently.
- While carrots and onion cook, rinse and drain the beans and roughly chop the kale. Add the broth and 2 cups boiling water to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the drained beans, chopped kale, pasta and peas. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 min., stirring frequently.
You can prepare the soup one day in advance. Store covered in the refrigerator.
- January February 2016