Start this luscious dessert 1 day in advance so it has time to chill.
- baking spray
- 1 (10 oz) box shortbread cookies
- 1 stick butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 (12 oz) bags frozen berry medley
- 1 ⅓ cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 ⅓ cups light cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan with parchment paper. Spray parchment and pan sides with baking spray.
- Finely grind the cookies in a food processor. Melt the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add the butter and 3 tbsp of the sugar to the food processor and pulse to combine. Spread the mixture over the bottom of the spring form pan and press lightly with the back of a spoon. Bake for 15 min. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 15 min.
- While crust bakes, place the berries, 3 tbsp of the sugar and 3 tbsp water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until berries release their liquid, 5 min. Place a wire-mesh sieve over a bowl and strain the fruit, pressing with the back of a spoon to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the solids. Set sauce aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce cools, stir together the ricotta and cream cheese in a large bowl and mix in the remaining sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix the chocolate chips and sour cream in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 min. Stir until chocolate melts, microwaving in 15 second increments if necessary (do not overheat). Whisk in the eggs one at a time and fold into the cheese mixture until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Spoon 1/3 of the cheese mixture over the crust in the spring form pan. Drizzle over 1/3 cup of the berry sauce. Repeat twice, using all of the filling mixture. Set extra berry sauce aside. To create a marble pattern, draw a skewer through the mixture a few times.
- Place pan in a large roasting tin or baking dish and pour boiling water into the roasting tin until it comes halfway up the side of the spring form pan. Bake 1 hour. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake to cool in the oven for 30 min. Remove cheesecake from oven and cool on a baking rack for 1 hour (cake will still jiggle slightly in the center). Cover with foil and chill at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve with remaining berry sauce.
- savory 2 2016
- Calories 405kcal 20%
- Fat 23.4g 33%
- Saturated fat 12.4g 62%
- Sugars 30.3g 34%
- Sodium 253mg 0 %
- 40.8g carbohydrate
- 1.3g fiber
- 7.8g protein
- 87mg cholesterol