Parmesan, ricotta, olive oil and peppers add up to a grilled sandwich Italian style. If you have an electric panini press, this is a cinch to make. Grill the veggies in it first and then the assembled sandwich.
- 1 zucchini
- Nature's Promise olive oil spray
- 8 asparagus spears
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 cup roasted red peppers drained
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise into 8 long slices and spray on both sides with oil. Trim the asparagus spears. In a cast iron skillet over high heat, stir-fry the zucchini slices and asparagus, in 2 batches, about 2 min.
- Zest the lemon. Combine the lemon zest with the Parmesan and ricotta cheese and season with pepper. Cut the Italian bread in half lengthwise. Slice the roasted red peppers. Spread the ricotta mixture on both halves of the bread. Top one half with grilled zucchini, asparagus and red pepper strips. Place the other half, cheese-side down on top. Cut in half widthwise.
- Spray the top of the sandwich with oil. Cook 4 min., using a spatula to push down on the top of the panini. Flip and grill the other side, pushing down with the spatula, about 4 min., or until golden and crisp on both sides. Repeat with remaining sandwich. Cut each sandwich in half and serve.
- S2 videos
- savory 2 2016
- Calories 376kcal 19%
- Fat 12.7g 20%
- Saturated fat 6.7g 33%
- Carbs 42.7g 14%
- Sodium 848mg 35%
- 4.7g sugar
- 2.5g fiber
- 22.5g protein
- 33mg cholesterol