With chunks of sausage, vegetables, and croutons, this soup is hearty enough for a meal.
- 1 eggplant
- 2 zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (14 oz) Kielbasa sausage
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (0.75 oz) pkg basil
- 1 cup Italian Seasoned croutons
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Dice the eggplant and zucchini and arrange on a baking sheet. Toss with the olive oil. Roast 5 min. Meanwhile, slice the sausage into 1-inch pieces, cutting at a slight diagonal. Add to vegetables and continue roasting until vegetables are soft and sausage starts to brown, 10 min.
- In a saucepan, bring tomatoes, 3 cups water, roasted vegetables and sausage to a boil. Simmer for 10 min., stirring occasionally.
- Season soup with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Thinly slice the basil and add half to the soup. Divide soup among 4 bowls and sprinkle with remaining basil and croutons.
Take any leftovers to work for a quick and nourishing lunch.
- Calories 214kcal 11%
- Fat 9.7g 15%
- Saturated fat 1.7g 8%
- Carbs 30.3g 10%
- Sodium 381mg 16%
- 15.4g sugar
- 8.6g fiber
- 6.7g protein
- 1mg cholesterol