- 1 (8.8 oz) round camembert cheese
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 carrots
- ½ bunch celery
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small head fennel bulb
- 2 heads Belgian endive
- 8 radishes
- ½ cup whole unsalted roasted almonds
- 2 cups grapes
- crackers or bread slices, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the cheese from its wooden box. Line the bottom of the box with foil or parchment and place the cheese on top. Finely chop the thyme and slice the garlic into spears. Use a knife to poke holes into the top of the cheese and insert the garlic. Sprinkle with thyme and drizzle honey on top. Set the cheese on a sheet pan and bake for 15 min.
- While cheese bakes, slice the veggies into spears and quarter the radishes. Arrange sliced veggies, almonds, and grapes on a platter. If you have extra veggies, reserve in the fridge to replenish the plate later.
- Carefully remove cheese from oven and transfer to the platter. Serve immediately.
If you plan to travel with this dish, skip pre-heating the oven; do the prep-work in step 1, then bake and finish the recipe at your destination.
- October November 2016