Look for a Brie that comes in a wooden box and make sure to remove all plastic wrap before popping it in the oven.
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- ½ cup flour, for dusting
- 1 (16 oz) pkg refrigerated pizza dough
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 (9.5 oz) wheel of Brie in a wooden box
- 1 egg yolk
- Remove the leaves from the rosemary sprigs, chop finely, and reserve 1 tsp for later use. On a floured surface, remove dough from bag and knead in the rosemary and cranberries. Form the dough into a log and cut into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Place the lid of the cheese box (just the lid, keep the Brie aside) in the middle of a lined baking sheet.
- Press the dough balls against each other, to form a ring around the lid. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the plastic wrap from the dough. Separate the dough balls with a knife, but do not leave space between them.
- Beat the egg yolk, and brush onto the tops of the dough balls. Remove the lid, and put the cheese box with the Brie in its place, removing any plastic covers. Bake the cheese and bread for 20 min., or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 min.
- Slice open the cheese, and garnish with the remaining rosemary.
- S7 2016
- Calories 328kcal 16%
- Fat 12.2g 19%
- Saturated fat 6.7g 34%
- Carbs 41.4g 14%
- Sodium 663mg 28%
- 8.6g sugar
- 1.9g fiber
- 11.8g protein
- 55mg cholesterol