Some people think it's not a real stew unless it's got meat. We can prove that wrong in 15 minutes, with a vegan-friendly dish that'll knock your socks off.
- 1 (5.8 oz) pkg roasted garlic and olive oil couscous
- 1 (7.5 oz) jar roasted red peppers in oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 2 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ (16 oz) pkg frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (24 oz) can diced tomatoes
- Prepare the couscous according to package directions. Remove the roasted red peppers from jar, reserving 2 tbsp oil, and dice.
- In a large, heavy pot, add reserved oil and sauté the onions and carrots for 2 min. Add the roasted red peppers, chickpeas, cumin, tomato paste, and cauliflower. Toss to combine.
- Add the vegetable broth and diced tomatoes. Cook over medium-high heat for 8 min. until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve stew with couscous.
Top off this steamy stew with chopped parsley.
- 15 minute recipe
- soup for dinner
- s1 2017
- Calories 454kcal 23%
- Fat 8.1g 13%
- Saturated fat 0.5g 3%
- Carbs 79.8g 27%
- Sodium 1931mg 80%
- 12.7g sugar
- 16.0g fiber
- 20.4g protein
- 0mg cholesterol