In this vegan-friendly recipe, tofu combines with peanuts, rice, and ginger to make an awesome handheld snackable your friends and family will go nuts for.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 (14 oz) pkg extra-firm tofu
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 6 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 6 tbsp sweet chili sauce, divided
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots
- ¾ cup unsalted peanuts
- Prepare the rice according to package directions. Drain the tofu and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes. Mix the tofu with ginger, ¼ cup soy sauce, and ¼ cup chili sauce. (For best result, marinate for 25 min. in the refrigerator.)
- Remove 8 of the large outer leaves from the lettuce and set aside. Slice the remaining lettuce into strips.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom skillet and sauté the tofu over medium heat for 5 min. Add the rice and shredded carrots, and cook for 2 min. Remove from heat and toss in the sliced lettuce.
- Fill the lettuce “cups” with the rice mixture and garnish with the peanuts. Serve with the remaining chili and soy sauce.
- January 2017
- Calories 621kcal 31%
- Fat 29.5g 45%
- Saturated fat 4.4g 22%
- Carbs 68.9g 23%
- Sodium 1107mg 46%
- 18.6g sugar
- 8.1g fiber
- 23.1g protein
- 0mg cholesterol