This recipe preserves the decadent spirit of a classic dish while cutting back on butter and cream to make a wholesome family meal in just 20 min.
- 1 (9 oz) pkg fresh fettuccine
- 1 lemon
- ½ (16 oz) bag frozen Nature's Promise® Organics Cut Leaf Spinach
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ⅓ cup light cream cheese
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Zest the lemon and set aside. Cook the spinach in the microwave according to package directions, then drain any excess liquid and reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat the butter on medium-high. Add the garlic and cook 1 min., until fragrant. Reduce heat to low and whisk in the cream cheese and chicken broth. Simmer for 5 min. to reduce. Season with lemon zest, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese to combine. Add pasta to the skillet with the sauce, and toss with the spinach to combine. Divide pasta and sauce among 4 bowls.
Sunday prep steps:
- In a skillet, heat butter on medium-high. Add garlic and cook 1 min.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in cream cheese and chicken broth.
- Simmer 5 min. to reduce. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
15 min. before ready to serve:
- Microwave sauce 2 min., until hot. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Zest lemon. Cook spinach in microwave according to package directions. Drain excess liquid. Drain pasta and toss with sauce, Parmesan, spinach, and lemon zest.
- guiding star
- January 2017